If you’re like most people, then your journey to finding the most powerful laser pointer started long ago with a fascination with key-chain lasers.
When looking for the best handheld laser pointers, you have to account for numerous variables including beam vibrancy and range.
Whether you want to get a fancy violet laser that can help you silently signal a friend several blocks away or a green laser pointer to help you point out constellations, power is important.
We’ll go over the best laser products on the market right now, what output powers you can expect from them, and the battery and processing times that they offer.
In this post, we’ll be appealing to true laser enthusiasts with ultra-powerful lasers that have redefined the laser pointer field in one way or the other!
To avoid reckless endangerment, please note that every laser pointer on this list isn’t a toy. Because of this, laser pointer safety measures should always be employed when using the portable device to avoid a potential hazard.
With that said, here are some of the most high-powered lasers on the market today!
1. INSKO Wide Range Tactical Flashlight
If you’re an economical user of laser pointers and you want a portable device that gives you more for your money, this green laser emitter might have what you’re looking for.
As far as handheld laser pointers go, it’s remarkably durable and comes in a strong aluminum case. Thanks to that, you’ll be able to use this green laser even in rough terrain without having to worry about it falling apart.
You also get a measure of control over its optical density and output powers because you can easily adjust the focus and visibility of the light the green laser emitter gives off.
In addition to this, you are also able to change the shape of the green laser. Thanks to an external focusing feature, users can easily control various aspects of its powerful laser beam.
For people who factor in laser power consumption when making a purchasing decision, you’ll be happy to know that this laser product has a charge and use function, so you can use it almost endlessly. We also love that this green laser pointer supports different chargers as well.
- This handheld laser is very affordable.
- This type of laser has a higher safety factor compared to other powerful laser pointers.
- Due to its charging feature, it can be used for a longer period of time.
- Its green laser beam is several times brighter than average power lasers.
- It has a very durable build.
- Its laser wavelengths aren’t powerful enough to ignite most objects.
- Its battery time could be improved upon.
2. Cofeymera High-Power Blue Laser Pointer
Weighing 1.83 pounds and made of solid metal, this is one product that’s certain to delight any true laser enthusiast.
The first thing we’d like to point out about the powerful blue beams that this electromagnetic device emits is the versatility that the product has. You can use this blue laser 24/7 to do everything from target guidance on laser guns to viewing a sky star effect.
This blue laser pointer is also attractive because of the ruggedness of its design. Thanks to its metal frame, this type of laser can take more damage while remaining in fairly good shape.
One thing the average economical user will love about the blue beams of this high-power laser pointer is the fact that it comes with a host of very useful accessories.
Some of the things you get with this laser product include an aluminum case, a charger for the device, and a pair of laser safety goggles.
The high-power blue laser pointer itself is remarkably easy to control. All you have to do is flip its one-key switch to get it working!
Its comfortable grip and long laser range make it one of the best laser devices on the market.
- The laser range is exceptional.
- It has a durable build.
- It comes with a host of useful accessories.
- It has an especially comfortable grip.
- Its laser beam is strong.
- Due to how strong these ultra-powerful lasers are, you have to use them with safety goggles, or you put yourself at risk of an ocular hazard.
- You have to use the product in short bursts or it won’t last.
3. DCDC B009 Blue Flashlights
This masterpiece from DCDC caters to blue laser pointer lovers.
Fully battery-powered, this electromagnetic device is sure to transform how you perceive blue laser pointers.
Released less than a year ago, this product has quickly become very popular among laser enthusiasts because of the ease with which you can manipulate the output of laser pointers in its collection.
With only a few tweaks, you can concentrate or disperse the blue laser beam that the product emits.
Because of this feature, the type of use you can put this product to increases exponentially. This laser module is powerful enough to ignite items like firecrackers and cigarettes, even from a distance.
What’s more, the light energy it produces can even darken a piece of glass.
Apart from using it to burn things, it can double as a resource for helping you create a blue-themed setting. Also, its laser wavelengths make it perfect for engineering command as well.
Even though the portable device is reasonably priced, its capabilities ensure you get tons of amazing features. However, because of the powerful light energy it emits, it poses a greater potential hazard compared to other products in its category.
That being said, if all laser pointer safety regulations are followed while it’s used, you won’t have any problems with this blue laser pointer.
- This blue laser pointer is highly versatile.
- The light of the blue laser diode is easy to control.
- It comes with several accessories.
- It’s not too expensive.
- It carries sufficiently high output powers.
- It could be more durable.
- It’s pretty powerful and needs to be handled with care.
4. TEAYTIS Long Range High Power Purple Blue Laser Pointer
Sometimes, you can get tired of using laser pointers with primary colors.
We like this product for several reasons.
Apart from being one of the most iconic violet lasers on the market, this product is super bright. It’s the most powerful laser pointer on our list! It’s so strong that we recommend users never put it on unless they’ve put on safety goggles.
The output of laser pointers by TEAYTIS has always been impressive, and this one’s no exception.
A truly top-tier laser pointer, it’s encased in a stainless steel frame that’s been extensively weather-proofed. This ensures that your laser pointer not only looks sharp at all times but also dissipates heat quickly.
Another attractive feature of this portable device is its amazing power levels. Because of how powerful it is, you’ll be able to get far more use out of this laser pointer.
- It has strong light energy.
- It has a long laser range.
- It’s especially bright.
- It’s weatherproof.
- It can be used for many different purposes.
- The battery pack starts to run hot after a while.
- The light can’t be used continuously for an extended period of time as that will damage it.
5. BISKEE Long Range High Power Laser
For people looking for something small, simple, and reliable, we recommend the BISKEE long-range red laser pointer.
With a reach of 100 meters during the day and five times that at night, this pocket laser pointer isn’t especially fancy. However, it’s perfect for use for extended periods. This is something that not many ultra-powerful lasers can do.
This product not only has a high battery time and fast processing time, but it also supports portable USB charging.
It has a strong metal housing that does a perfect job of protecting the more delicate parts of the device. You’ll also enjoy using this laser because it lets you easily switch between its various modes.
- It supports USB charging.
- It’s an Amazon’s Choice product.
- It has a sturdy build.
- It has multiple modes that users can switch to and use with ease.
- It’s lightweight and portable.
- The product has quality control issues.
- There’s no charge indicator on the laser pointer, so it’s easy for users to overcharge it.
How To Pick the Most Powerful Laser Pointer
Getting the most powerful laser pointer means that you can’t just pick the first product you see. The right device for you must have a certain level of functionality, design, and specs.
To choose your perfect laser pointer, some variables you need to consider are:
Most laser enthusiasts tend to forget that some laser pointers will perform better than their counterparts under certain conditions. What this means is that some laser devices might help you ignite things easily at a distance but won’t help you effectively point out constellations.
As such, you need to make sure you know what you intend to use the laser beam device for first.
The Type of Laser Color
As you know, laser pointers are available in different colors.
What you might not be aware of is the fact that these colors correspond directly to the laser wavelengths. Because of this, some laser colors are better suited for specific tasks than others.
For instance, red laser pointers are best used indoors while green and blue laser pointers are better when used outdoors.
Laser Output Powers
The amount of output power a laser is able to generate is what determines the strength of its laser beam. Due to this, all laser pointer devices are categorized based on their power output level.
The output power level also affects other variables of this portable device such as its burning ability, safety class, and brightness levels.
Higher ranked laser pointers have their output powers measured in milliwatts or mW.
The Laser Design Features
To make sure you don’t expose yourself to a potential hazard, get a pointer that has ample safety features. You should also look for a device that comes with helpful accessories and multiple modes you can use.
Safety Practices When Using High-Powered Lasers
- Don’t point the laser beam directly into someone’s eye.
- Always wear laser safety goggles before activating the device.
- Remember to switch it off from time to time so you don’t ruin other people’s night sky viewing.
- Keep in mind that the laser beam travels far, so use it carefully.
- Don’t point the beam at automobiles.
1. What’s the Most Visible Laser Color?
Not only does the eye see this color more clearly, but it also appears more distinctly than red and blue laser pointers.
2. Can I Keep My Laser Pointer on for Long Periods of Time?
Yes, you can.
However, we don’t recommend this for several reasons. The first is that if your laser pointer has high output power, keeping it on for a long time will inevitably damage it. Also, leaving this device on for long periods of time might disturb the people around you.
3. Is Having a Laser Pointer With a High Output Power Important?
Yes, it is.
The pointer’s output power is what determines how fast and easily your laser beam can burn things. Also, it influences the brightness of the laser light.
Getting the most powerful laser pointer is the best way to ensure the ultimate laser experience. However, you should remember that these devices aren’t toys and should be handled with care.
See here for more stargazing tips.